Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Here are a few fun things ...

Well ... I don't have much to say . Nothing to complain or kvetch about. That's good. But no real news either. I have been plugging away at a few bigger projects so no photos. But they should all come together in the next few days and then , THERE WILL BE PHOTOS !!
But I wanted to share a few of my favourite blogs with you.
http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ I have followed this one for quite a while & loved the sweet joy of daily life that it expressed. Imagine how shocking it was to find out that Nienie, the blogger, had been in a horrible plane crash. The pilot was killed, her husband injured, and she was badly burnt and in a coma. Her sister updated everyone on her condition ... and then ... one day... Nienie was back !! She is the bravest , most inspiring person I have ever come across. I was FILLED WITH JOY when I saw that it was actually her blogging. Miraculous !! Everyday is painful and difficult , but she still feels the sweetness of life. It is wonderful.
And, for something totally different ... http://www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ Oh, this is a doozie ... the site is about "when good cakes go horribly wrong" and horribly wrong is true ! I don't know WHERE she gets so many cakes ... scary !! They aren't cakes that you or I would make - home bakers are outside the realm of mockery - they are cakes that so-called professionals make. And that people ACTUALLY PAY MONEY FOR !!! The blogger's comments are priceless. It is hysterically funny.
Hmm ... now ... is there any news ... ?
Well, I have met the ukulele master that I saw on TV a few months ago & have received the invitation to be taught the art of Ukulele. I am STOKED !!! Can you imagine where my music career could go now ?? The Mermaids Gone Bad (my band) will be able to write their own ticket with the addition of strings. WAHOO!!!
I am preparing for Bead & Eat tonight. A little tidying ( and I mean LITTLE !), some furniture rearrangement, some mashing & mixing of the guacamole, and I am ready !! Ready to see the friends that I haven't seen for a while, ready to feel the warmth of a group of funny laughing women, ready to pretend I am beading. I love my friends. LOVE THEM !!!
Have a wonderful day ... and check those blogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,
I love reading NieNie - I check in often. Cakewrecks is new to me...too funny!

Just Plain Happy said...

Hi Pam,
I'll check them out. B&E was a blast AND I actually finished a necklace. I LOVE IT!!! 'cause it made with laughter, friendship and love.....the guac was delish too!

Oh...almost forgot to ask when will the 1st concert be??? Yuke players do have concerts don't they?


... a few of my favourite things ...