Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"The Unappreciated Vegetable"

Last night was our first dinner from our garden ! What a great feeling. I harvested some broccoli rabe (or rapini) ... had to Google it to see when & how to pick it ... and some radish & Italian parsley. (The Google articles called the rapini the Unappreciated Vegetable ...) I cooked the rapini with turkey sausage, hot pepper flakes, garlic, whole wheat pasta, and roasted red peppers. The radish & parsley went in our salad. It was DELICIOUS !!! I have to say I was prettttyyy smug sitting there eating the food I HAD GROWN !!!
Now rapini is supposed to be very healthy for you ... but I think it is an ENERGY FOOD !! After that I did the dishes, cleaned up, semi cleaned out the fridge, cleaned out a cupboard & put away all my jam I had made, folded and put away 2 loads of laundry, got groceries, and baked cookies.
Rapini - I appreciate you !!! Eat you soon !

No comments:


... a few of my favourite things ...